movie buzz from a blockbuster employee

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Walk Hard

"Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox story," was one of the funniest movies I have watched in a while. I normally really hate spoof movies. They are never funny to me, and they usually make fun of movies that I liked. Walk Hard is another spoof movie, this time about Ray Charles and Johnnie Cash.

This movie made me laugh every five or ten minutes. Laughs are few and far between for me when I watch most movie that are supposed to be funny. It's not because I don't have a sense of humor, it's because I just don't think stuff on movies is funny most of the time.

So this movie is loosely (very loosely) based on the lives of the two singers. You can tell when they are mimicking something that was on the movie "Ray" or "Walk the Line," but they turn it into some sort of twisted alternate storyline. For instance, they have Ray's little brother killed by Ray on accident with a machete instead of accidentally drowning in a tub of water.

For some reason, the actor playing Dewey (John C. Reilly) who we all know is in his 40's, starts out the movie when he's like 14. So that was a little strange... but it was still funny.

If you want a silly movie that will make you laugh, this is a great movie to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home