movie buzz from a blockbuster employee

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Introduction

I am a 23-year-old college student working on a degree (Psychology?). In the meantime, I am employed by Blockbuster Video. Blockbuster allows their employees five free movie rentals a week, incidentally, I watch a massive amount of movies.

Some make me laugh, some are shocking, some are deeply heart-wrenching, and some are just down right ridiculous, and I can't believe someone actually spent the time to make them into a movie. Some movies I forget about as soon as their over, while others leave an impression that I carry with me for days, sometimes even weeks after word.

I spend so much time thinking about movies; at work (where everyone assumes I've watched every movie in the store), and at home (where I watch all the big titled movies that I know I'm going to get asked about the following week). I write this blog now because movies are such a big part of my life, and I sometimes wonder if everyone has the same opinion as me. Some movies are so profound and brilliant that they deserve a moment of pondering. As for the movies that should have never happened, well that is as much a part of our culture as fast food.

So, from the Blockbuster employee, these will be my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home